- Midjourney is an AI art creator that can produce high-quality artwork based on your descriptions. You can describe anything you want, such as characters, creatures, landscapes, objects, scenes, and more. Midjourney will use its deep learning models to generate realistic or stylized images that match your descriptions .
- Midjourney runs entirely from a Discord server, which means you can use it on most devices running Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, or Android. You don’t need to install any software or have a powerful graphics card to use Midjourney. You just need to join the Midjourney Discord channel and chat with the Midjourney bot using slash commands. The bot will process your prompts and send you the generated images in the chat .
- Midjourney supports different deep learning models that have different styles and capabilities. The latest public model is version 4, which has better performance at small details, effective handling of complex prompts, and better support for multi-object and multi-character scenes. Version 4 also has different styles that you can choose from, such as 4a, 4b, 4c, and 4d. Version 5 is still in development and only available to subscribed users who signed up for the beta test. Version 5 has new features such as /describe, which transforms images into words, and /repeat and /permutation, which make variations on a prompt with just one command .
- Midjourney offers advanced functionality features like image prompting, multi-prompts, and image variety control. Image prompting allows you to use an existing image as a starting point for your prompt. You can upload an image or use a URL to an image and add some text to modify it. Multi-prompts allow you to combine multiple prompts into one image. You can use a semicolon (;) to separate different prompts and use brackets ([ ]) to group them together. Image variety control allows you to adjust the diversity and novelty of the generated images. You can use --diversity or --novelty followed by a number between 0 and 1 to change the level of variation in the images .
- Midjourney also has a special model called Niji, which is trained on lots of anime illustrations and art. You can use this model to create anime-style images by adding --niji to your prompt. Niji can generate anime characters, creatures, backgrounds, and more. Niji also has different styles that you can choose from, such as niji-a1 or niji-b2.
Midjourney Pricing Plans
Midjourney has several pricing plans for different types of users. Here is a summary of their pricing plans:
- Free Trial: 25 minutes of GPU time forever.
- Basic: $10 per month for 200 minutes of GPU time per month.
- Standard: $30 per month for 15 hours of GPU time per month and unlimited relax GPU time.
- Corporate: $600 per year for 120 hours of GPU time per year.